Using Microsoft Project requires a great deal of training and experience. Also, this project management tool cannot be specialized for a particular industry. But there are many alternatives to the Microsoft project which are very easy to use and have a lot of features.
In reality, Microsoft Project is for actual PMP, and in today’s teams, many are building projects and groups rather than professional project managers. However, in today’s units, many people create projects and teams rather than experienced project managers.
Below, you’ll see the strengths and weaknesses of each and decide which Microsoft Project alternative to investigate. Alternatives to Microsoft Project have been around since they were launched in 1984. So how do you select from such a comprehensive list?
Here are some famous alternatives to the Microsoft project:
Paymo is a project supervision application that empowers you to handle the project from start to finish. An ideal project management tool for small businesses looking to simplify and accelerate their business processes.
- You can get the latest information from various systems when estimating a project.
- This free ms project alternative tool gives you access to various devices like portfolio Gantt charts and team tasks to track your projects.
- The Team Scheduler feature allows you to create a visual timeline of the work done by team members.
- Time tracking is a feature that increases transparency and accountability between managers and employees.
- You can use the tools to find out how long a particular project will take. You can build an inventory based on the data in the timesheet.
Podio is a customizable project management solution. This tool helps teams communicate and organize in ways that facilitate the completion of tasks and projects.
- Break down projects and workflows for easy management.
- The Podio app is a tool used by teams working with Podio to organize their work.
- Provide visual reports to get a clear picture of your team’s work progress
- Manage, assign, guide, and automate workflows for all team members for closer collaboration
RationalPlan is a project management tool that provides portfolio management, resource management, and team collaboration solutions. RationalPlan is an alternative to Microsoft Project that allows you to complete your projects on time, on time, and within budget.
- Useful for managing projects and shared resources
- Increase productivity by commenting on tasks and email notifications
- You can use standard rates or overtime rates to estimate your budget and manage your finances.
- Track project progress on time and cost
Casual is a clear plan and process control software. Helps teams plan projects and run them as a simple workflow—one of the best ms project alternative tools for small project management teams and growing project management teams.
- Managing your projects is easy with this visual project management tool.
- You can automatically document your project and work proactively.
- Casual offers multiple plans to suit your budget, depending on your company’s needs and resources.
Twproject is a web-based project management tool. It is one of the alternative tools for the Microsoft project that minimizes administrative effort and helps companies grow. With a built-in Gantt chart, you can visualize your work plan.
- This tool allows you to split all projects and tasks into a tree of arbitrary subtasks.
- You can work with classic project trees and business processes on the same system and even on the same project if you want.
- Twproject is highly customizable, functionally and reportedly, because you don’t want to force a branch from the primary update cycle.
LiquidPlanner streamlines your work by eliminating outdated plans and expirations. Microsoft Project’s alternative free software provides features for IT teams, project managers, development teams, and marketing teams.
- Priority-based scheduling empowers you to maintain track of deliverables and deadlines.
- Share updates and recommendations with your team to get a complete picture of your project.
Follow Technoroll for more!