When someone is in dire need of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) services, they’ll likely search online and visit websites displayed on the first page of the Search Engines Results Pages (SERPs). If your HVAC website isn’t visible on the first page of the SERPs, you’ll have lesser chances of converting leads into paying customers.
If you want to attain success in the industry, you need to have a stronger online presence and reach as wide an audience as possible—and you can achieve these goals (and more) when you work with agencies that offer tried-and-tested search engine optimization services.
What Is SEO?
In its simplest sense, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the strategy of optimizing your HVAC website, so it ranks high in the SERPs. The higher your website’s ranking is in the SERPs, the easier it’ll be for your target audience to know more about your HVAC services and other relevant information contained in your website. SEO also builds credibility and trust, making it easier for you to haul in customers.
When online users perform a search online like ‘AC repair’ or ‘duct cleaning,’ they’ll be provided with organic results, paid advertisements, and featured snippets. The organic search results are ranked based on several ranking factors, namely page speed, optimized content, and user experience, among others.
How Can You Improve Your HVAC’s SEO?
Outperforming your competitors in their SEO strategies is an excellent way to strengthen your online presence and increase your market share. In fact, SEO is your key to succeeding in the ever-competitive HVAC industry. With SEO encouraging customers to build your brand, you can eventually make your name more valuable in the industry.
Here are three-pointers to help your HVAC website improve its SEO:
Prioritize Mobile-First Website Design
More than half of today’s web traffic comes from mobile users. In fact, statistics show that mobile devices worldwide generated about 54.8% of global website traffic. And as more and more people rely on their mobile phones, you can expect that this number will continue to increase in the years to come.
Prioritizing a mobile-first website design is a must if you want to improve your HVAC website’s SEO. Aside from being an important ranking factor of many search engines, a mobile-friendly website also improves user experience, making it easier for users to find the information they’re looking for on your website.
To ensure that your website’s design is mobile-friendly, implement the following tips:
- Focus on content: Content should be readable on your website regardless of the size of the screen a person uses to access it. For example, if users can easily read articles about your previous HVAC installations when they access your website using a desktop computer, mobile users should have the same access.
- Avoid too many pop-ups: If possible, minimize pop-ups on your website and focus more on what’s important to users. Mobile devices have smaller screens, and having too many pop-ups will make it very challenging for users to navigate your website and read any content.
- Keep it simple: Refrain from adding too many design elements to your website and practice simplicity. The simpler your website is, the easier it’ll be for users to navigate it when they access the platform through their mobile phones.
Boost Your Website Speed
One of the reasons why users access your website is they want to have answers fast. Often, users will visit your website because they’re interested to know about your HVAC services and how much they cost. If they can’t find answers within seconds, they’ll likely abandon your website and move on to a competitor’s site.
If you want to retain users on your website and improve your HVAC website’s SEO, prioritize loading speed. This is an important ranking factor by many search engines, which HVAC contractors often fail to realize. Don’t make the same mistake, and ensure that all of your web pages load within three seconds or less.
There are many ways to boost your HVAC website’s speed, namely:
- Use a high-performing hosting solution: Invest in a hosting provider designed for speed. Sure, free and low-cost hosting solutions are available today, but these don’t guarantee the best results. On the contrary, settling for mediocre hosting services can only hurt your image as a contractor.
- Optimize your images: Compress and optimize images on your HVAC website to ensure that the platform loads fast. You’ll have several options in doing this: you can compress images using lossless compression, change the file formats, or enable lazy loading.
- Eliminate unnecessary plugins: Minimize the number of plugins you use on your website. If you’ve already installed some, carefully assess if these are really necessary and delete those that don’t serve any purpose to your website.
Ensure That Your Website Is A Conversion Powerhouse
As an HVAC contractor, you shouldn’t forget that the main purpose of investing in SEO isn’t all about getting a lot of online traffic or ranking high on the SERPs; it’s getting new customers. All your efforts to develop a robust SEO campaign for your HVAC website will be useless if online users don’t book an appointment, sign up for your newsletter, or call you for queries.
Ensure that your website is a conversion powerhouse by implementing the following:
- Use high-quality, attention-getting images to highlight your expertise in the industry.
- Highlight credibility elements on your website, namely your customer reviews, number of years in the industry, and Better Business Bureau certifications. This will make it easier for online users to trust your brand.
- Regularly update your website with offers and promotions. For example, you can hype up seasonal offers such as spring and fall furnace inspections.
Work With Professionals ASAP
Improving your HVAC website’s SEO rank isn’t an easy feat. This is especially true if you’ve never tried to accomplish this task in the past or don’t have the skills and tools to do it.
Instead of working on your own, hire professionals who can help you improve your HVAC website’s SEO. Agencies with years of experience in helping HVAC contractors have become more common today, and working with them is a cost-effective investment. These agencies can bring more traffic to your website and profits to your HVAC company.
Follow Technoroll for more!