Choosing a hosting provider that meets your needs is not an easy task. Thousands of websites offering affordable hosting solutions, each offering slightly different services. How to find the right solution for your needs?
Maybe take a look at Verpex, they have great offers on reseller hosting and cloud hosting.
You won’t automatically get the cheapest alternative when finding a hosting service. To give an example, if you’re looking for a babysitting service, you won’t want a service that allows you to drop off your kids for just 50c/day.
A bad hosting service can cause a reputation for harm or even loss of income. Therefore, selecting the right hosting service that meets your needs is critical. Furthermore, the latest web hosting patterns must be kept up-to-date. You can also check Host4Geeks for better results. Your website deserves a consistent, safe, professional domain hosting service. You don’t really want your website to be compromised or down.
Let’s discuss thirteen essential hosting service tips. Finally, we end with a segment addressing the pros and cons of using VPS.
Power & Pace Checklist
Your website success is key to a successful first impression. Slower websites also have a higher bounce ratio, because users don’t want to hesitate to load the page.
Here is a checklist for performance-related elements:
1. CDN: A CDN helps ensure content is served from the nearest, fastest geographic server. Read about ten data-driven reasons why CDN matters.
2. HTTP/2 support: Higher performance protocol for reduced latency traffic and improved robustness.
3. Caching options: Through caching requests, the server can handle related requests quicker.
4. Server location: If you run a website that serves primarily European customers, it makes no sense to place your website on an American hosting provider.
Although performance is key to a good impression, security is also needed.
Besides results, we must also remember our hosting service ‘s reliability. What about stopping DDoS? Here’s a security-related checklist:
5. Daily service upgrades that provide new security fixes but retain up-to – date applications like WordPress, Apache, PHP, or MySQL.
6. Firewall configurability.
7. Quick server and directory backups. If something goes wrong, a backup lets you easily recover your website’s current condition.
8. DDoS prevention: DDoS can downgrade your service. Therefore, it is critical that your hosting service offers some DDoS security. Cloudflare is a leading cloud-based, smart DDoS prevention provider. Many fantastic resources are AWS Shield or Mission Shield. TechRadar can find a complete list.
9. Redundancy: Uptime is important for many websites! Check that the hosting provider has backup power in place in case of a major failure. Besides that, it’s always worth testing whether it provides seamless failover if the connection goes down and the client has to move to another host to prevent downtime.
Finally, let ‘s look at customer service ‘s importance.
Customer service is important. Make sure the hosting company provides high quality customer support. To solve the issue, it might be necessary to enter customer support as early as possible. You don’t want to wait a day to solve your problem. Look for four elements here:
10. 10. How about customer service reachability? Are they available 24/7?
11. 11. What that will control customer service? Email, mobile, chat?
12. 12. What is Customer Service’s typical reaction time to address issues?
Now we’ve heard about a hosting provider’s most critical features, let’s think about the pros and cons of using a VPS program.
Do we use a VPS?
A VPS or Virtual Private Server is a hosting provider’s physical system. It helps you to have complete leverage of this domain and not share it with other websites. It’s a dedicated, high-performance server.
The biggest advantage of using VPS is its customizability. Instead of looking for a hosting provider with many security and performance properties, we can choose to go for a VPS. A VPS helps you to customize the necessary protections such as DDoS protection, firewall, or automated backups. Besides, you can install whatever app you like.
In the other hand, VPS’ versatility comes with a higher price tag. Renting these dedicated servers costs much more than conventional cloud hosting, with many websites sharing the same domain.
In short, by using a VPN provider, you’ll have to pay more than conventional pooled networks, but there’s more flexibility and power. Luckily, the industry has many inexpensive VPS hosting solutions.
Want to read more about different hosting services? Check out the above Hackernoon post for facilities such as colocation or managed hosting.
The best hosting service
You may have noted, several factors matter to find the best hosting service. It all depends on your specific needs. If availability is crucial for your service, you might want to look out for hosting providers that offer a robust backup and failover service.
In case you require performance, you want to look for services that offer a CDN, HTTP/2 support, or caching. At last, when security is important, elements like DDoS prevention, the ability to configure a firewall, or automatic backups matter.
Good luck with your search!