Apple’s iOS devices, such as the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch, are some of the most secure devices on the market. iCloud Activation Lock can be annoying if you bought a phone from someone. You may have accidentally locked it when you were trying to do something else and you may be away from the seller or the seller may have forgotten the login details.
Did you know that there are some ways to bypass the iCloud Activation Lock? You can easily use the Tenorshare 4MeKey tool for effortlessly bypassing the iCloud Activation lock. It works like a charm if you are stuck in the situation without any login credentials of the former user. You can go through our comprehensive guide for all the step-by-step methods to get rid of this issue.
What is the iCloud Activation Lock?
As soon as the user activates the iPhone or iPad for the first time, Apple ties the unique identifier of the concerned device to the respective Apple ID of the user.
It is done for the sole purpose of preventing any other user with a different Apple ID to operate the device. It ensures that the device cannot be reset by anyone else who does not know the username and password of the Apple ID of the original user.
Anyone is less likely to come across the Activation Lock unless he/she wants a reset of the device or wants to do the firmware upgrade. Under this condition, the user has to verify the identity by providing the correct credentials associated with the original owner of the device.
So, iCloud Activation Lock is one of the security features of Apple. It was introduced to combat the rampant problem of theft in the mobile device world, and it works by making it impossible for anyone to reactivate a stolen device without the Apple ID and password used to set it up initially.
You may be in a condition where you legitimately got the locked device. You may also have forgotten your own Apple ID and password. If you are frustrated with the iCloud Activation Lock, we are providing three different ways that will help you to bypass it.
How to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock with 3 Ways?
The first way is one of the fastest, the second way is effective only for some devices and the third way is obvious if you are in touch with the previous owner. Let’s dive into the detailed guide on all three ways.
Way 1: Bypass iCloud activation on iPhone with a smart tool -Tenorshare 4MeKey
4MeKey is a tool that can be downloaded for Windows OS. This is one of the safest ways for bypassing the iPad Activation Lock with a fast approach.
Coming to the device compatibility, 4MeKey is fully supported for iPhone 5S to iPhone X operating on iOS 12 to 14. Here is a list of all supported devices.
- iPhone X
- iPhone SE1
- iPad Pro 1/ Pro 2
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad 5/6/7
- iPod Touch
Let’s get into the steps to bypass the iCloud activation using Tenorshare 4MeKey.
Plug your device into your computer correctly. Make sure to read the precaution which mentions that this method will jailbreak your iPad.Click on “Start” to move to the second step.
You will come across the agreement and click on “Next” after you have read and agreed on it. After your device gets detected, the jailbreak tool starts downloading. Now, you will get the message regarding the successful download of the jailbreak tool. Click on the “Start Jailbreak” button.
Finally, the iCloud Activation is bypassed successfully. You can click on “Done”.
Wasn’t this method as easy as a breeze? Now, let’s get into another way of bypassing using DNS.
Way 2: Activation lock bypass using DNS
It is one of the oldest methods but doesn’t support all the devices. Also, it is not a permanent solution. You can get it to work only for iOS 8 to 10.
Here are the steps you need to follow for bypassing the iCloud Activation Lock using DNS.
- Choose the appropriate language and country through the menu.
- Now, for accessing the page for WiFi settings, choose “Proceed” and connect to your network.
- Now, you need to select the “i” icon behind your WiFi name. You will come across the page with various details like IP Address, Subnet Mask, Router, DNS, and more. Our main concern is with the DNS, so we need to insert a new IP address.
- Tap “Configure DNS” and select the “Manual” option.
- Add the DNS server according to your location. Here are some of the DNS values that you can use.
North America: 188.8.131.52
South America: 184.108.40.206
Australia and Oceania: 220.127.116.11
These steps complete the process of changing the DNS to bypass the iCloud Activation Lock.
You need to be aware of some of the disadvantages of this method. Here is a list of some of them.
- All the features may not be available after a successful iCloud DNS Bypass.
- As mentioned before, this method should not be regarded as the permanent solution and the device is not unlocked fully.
- This method won’t be applicable for the latest Apple devices as well as some of the older devices.
Way 3: Ask the Previous Owner to Bypass iPad Activation Lock
This can be one of the genuine methods. You can get in touch with the previous owner and ask him/her to go through the following steps.
- Sign in to iCloud.com with the Apple ID using a preferred browser.
- Head towards “Find iPhone” and select the “All Devices” option present at the top portion of the screen.
- Choose the device that needs bypass of the Activation Lock.
- Select “Erase iPad” or “Erase iPhone” and click on “Next” till the erase is complete.
- Finally, select “Remove from Account”.
Now, you can restart the device to enjoy all the features of the fully unlocked and factory reset device.
Hence, there are multiple approaches that you can use to bypass the iCloud Activation lock. If you are in touch with the seller or former owner of the device, the third method of asking him/her to bypass the activation lock is always fruitful. If you are away from the previous owner, using the Tenorshare 4MeKey tool will be a straightforward and effective option.